About Me

My photo
First and foremost, I am a child of God! I am also the wife of a superhero who has loved and supported me since I was a child. I am a mother of three wonderful children who have taught me how to live, love and throw mini temper-tantrums and hissy-fits (especially now that they are older)! AND [very exciting] I'm an author! My book, A Little Yellow Star, is a Christian Children's book about seeing God in all things. There is more information at the bottom of my blog - Hope you'll check it out, and if you do, I hope you LOVE it!!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dandelion Dreams

Picture by: Sidney Carter


I take a deep breath in,
I close my eyes.
My thoughts cross my path;
Bigger than life,
Bursting at the seams
Vast in content,
Do I wish for love, life, prosperity?
My children… myself?

I open my eyes; second-guessing!
An idea,
Then a smile…

I close my eyes,
I inhale; sure of my notion.
I exhale…

Tiny seeds take flight,
With my wishes and my dreams on their wings.
I watch them soar,
 Gaze their flutter,
Observe my vision flicker to the heavens.

Will they arrive safely?
Will they be met with disdain?
Or will they spread their seeds of love
And grow for the world to see…

…and wish upon in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment